A Little Soul
Jan Englert in the theatre of Jerzy Grzegorzewski – the master director's last production is still on. In the basement underpass of National Theatre, Tadeusz Różewicz's fervent discourse confronts us with middle-age experience and the absurdity of death.
Jerzy Grzegorzewski approached Różewicz's work on many occasions. In this poem – which was recommended by its author to be read "in a single breath" – the main character re-examines his life and conscience, leads us through the labyrinths of memory and critically reflects on his masculinity. This is a tale of a human soul – weak, pathetic, but beautiful as well.
author of stage adaptation, director, set designer: Jerzy Grzegorzewski
costume design: Barbara Hanicka
music: Stanisław Radwan
lighting design: Mirosław Poznański
frescoes (murals): Robert Sarlej
live music on double bass: Roman Ziobro.
R Jan Englert
Witness Waldemar Kownacki
Actress Anna Chodakowska
Actress Beata Fudalej
Actress Anna Gryszkówna
Actress Anna Ułas
Actress Magdalena Warzecha
- director's assistant: Wiesława Niemyska
- set designer's assistants: Jadwiga Michalska, Anita Trzaskowska
- lighting technicians: Łukasz Obuch-Woszczatyński
- sound technicians: Mariusz Maszewski, Marek Szymański, Hubert Majewski, Piotr Gos
- stage manager: Ewa Dworecka