The Anguish of Life
Of course, they are fighting as usual. Anna Seniuk as Leviva and Janusz Gajos as Yona, in the cosmos of marital coexistence.
They are equal opponents. After a few dozen years of practice, they know that in marriage a lot can be said and forgiven. A tired couple in Hanoch Levin’s tragicomedy experiences disappointment, attachment, blame, regrets and irritation at passing time and being old. Solitude would be so peaceful. But in fact, we only have each other.
director: Jan Englert
set design: Barbara Hanicka
music: Stanisław Radwan
lighting design: Wojciech Puś
animation: Michał Jankowski
Awards and Nominations:
2012 – The Cyprian Kamil Norwid Award in "theatre" category to Jan Englert for the direction of The Anguish of Life
2012 – The Warsaw Felix award in "the best male supporting role" category for Włodzimierz Press for the role of Gunkel
2012 – nomination for the Warsaw Felix award in "the best female leading role" category for Anna Seniuk for the role of Lewiwa
2012 – nomination for the Warsaw Felix award in "the best male leading role” category for Janusz Gajos for the role of Jona Popoch
Yona Popoch Janusz Gajos
Leviva, wife of Yona Popoch Anna Seniuk
Gunkel, neighbour Włodzimierz Press (quest actor)
- set designer's assistant: Elwira Szyszka
- costume designer's assistant: Anita Trzaskowska
- lighting technicians: Zbigniew Szulim, Bartłomiej Kaczalski, Krzysztof Łukasz Stefan
- sound technicians: Mariusz Maszewski, Marek Szymański, Hubert Majewski
- video projection: Mariusz Chałubek, Paweł Woźniak
- stage manager: Ewa Dworecka
- prompter: Jolanta Szydłowska
Copyright holds Institute of Israeli Drama represented by ADiT in Poland.